Thursday, May 13, 2010

My passion

I had a customer who's self-esteem is very low.. She's really pretty but thought that she wasn't pretty enough for her boyfriend. We had a long conversation as I was doing her nails.. in the end she felt much better..

I have to say I am not the prettiest girl, neither the hottest and my self-esteem is not very high.. But with the life experience I've had, I've gotten more confident with the years..

I'm not gonna deny this, but when I was younger I was ugly.. I was born ugly. The world is so cruel(nothing we really can change).. It's hard to grow up in an environment when the prettiest people are taking the lead.

I was this random girl who always wished to be pretty and come from a wealthy family.. Unfortunately I wasn't.. Our family was different... We worked hard, saved, saved and saved.. My mom did everything in her power to provide me and my sisters the best things we could afford for.. the rest of the money went to people who had it worse. Everybody else got new toys/stuff/label clothes every week.. But me and my sister were happy with what we got and never asked for anything more.. it was hard enough growing up as a non-swedish.

I was considering to other people very quiet, ambitious, smart, loved to play sports, super friendly and very creative.. But all I wanted to be was pretty. whenever somebody gave me a compliment I knew they were lying straight to my face..

I always looked in the mirror and tried to adjust my body parts, I wanted to replace everything on my face, my body..

Everytime I drawed a self-portait of me it always looked like somebody else.. much prettier.. A classmate said: this looks like you but in a nicer version.. I mean wth? kids are very honest sometimes..

Being a natural beauty wasn't my thing.. But I was blessed with a skill..

When I grew older I finally knew how to use my skill.. A skill so valuable... And together with the skill I created some magic..I would never want to be a model.. (not that I could become one anyways) But I found a passion for art and photography.. I love creating beautiful stuff in any kind of way.. I just love the result of the moment I've created something breathtaking.. Therefore instead of just sitting down and complain about how I looked like, I started to find my ways to gain more confidence..

1 comment: