Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Take a chance!


Everything has happened so quickly to me.. These 2 past years a lot of changes have been made.. It's been a lot of ups and down.. I've been crying, laughing, sobbing, smiling..

I believe some of you think I was born with silver spoon in mouth.. That's definitely not the case.. I was born in a family who literally had nothing..We were happy if we even had a spoon to begin with.. We started out from scratch.. But we never stopped in believing..

What I mean by this is, It's not impossible to become successful.. Don't give up when you just got halfway..
I'm 20 about to be 21 in just a month.. Never in my life have I imagined to come so far with my life this early.. I feel like in just 2 years I've jumped from being a kid, transforming into an adult.. and I haven't even hit my 21 st birthday yet..
It's been a lot of hard decisions involved.. Saying goodbye to a country u were raised in.. saying goodbye to the people u love, people that u grew up with.. it really hurts.. But leaving from there, I knew that I could only move forward..

I was afraid of changes.. I was never this adventurous girl.. I always stick with the safest side.. but then I realized, it will never get me nowhere being safe and secure.. If there are doors open up for u and u shut them down.. You will never make any progress.. U will always stay where u are and continue with the same directions.. You have to make sacrifices, u have to dare to fail in order to become successful, in order to accomplish your goals and make the best out of your life.. Life is all about taking risks, taking chances... if u missed this train try to catch another one..

2 comments:

  1. Mimi, I love this post! You're right! I am going through the beginning stages of this now so reading this just inspires me more. I've been looking for internships in NY because that's where I want to be to start my career and I finally had the guts and courage to do it. I sent out so many resumes and finally heard a response back from Donna Karan (DKNY) from New York and they want to have a phone interview with me. I agree with you, if I was scared and thought I wasn't good enough, I wouldn't have done it and lost the opportunity. I'm very happy to see that you a heading to a wonderful direction in your life. I understand how lonely you must be without your family at times but it will pay off and you all will be reunited eventually. I think what you're doing is amazing. Being able to leave your country and going to another; that's impressive! And here I am scared to move to NY.

    P.S.
    I can't wait to celebrate your 21st with you!!

    Cup of Fashion

    ReplyDelete